Our flexible lending products take you from looking to move in.
NPH provides affordable and flexible mortgage lending products to assist customers with their home financing needs. NPH works closely with you so that you fully understand the loan product and the loan process. When available, NPH also offers down payment and closing cost assistance to eligible applicants. Our Home Purchase Advisors will determine your eligibility for any available assistance programs and they will make certain you are well prepared to begin the loan application process. For those looking to build credit, our Credit Builder Loan Application will get you started on the path. For others, our Loan Application Intake Form is the right place to begin. Our goal is to create successful home owners while providing the best service, the best products, and the best experience with all of your home financing needs.
2 Steps TO COMPLETE the Loan Process
Our loan staff will explain pre-qualification information, including your potential loan limits, interest rate, loan payment, closing costs and down payment requirements. You will decide on the type of house you want to buy and can qualify to own – either new or pre-existing construction. You may also contact a real estate agent to help you find a house that meets your needs.
If you choose to buy a pre-existing home, the house will need to be inspected and appraised before you can sign a contract with the seller.
➤ LOAN APPLICATION INTAKE FORM – for those interested in Karigan Estates with credit established already
➤ CREDIT BUILDER LOAN APPLICATION – for those looking to build their credit
Once you have your application filled out, upload it with the requested documentation using our
⇨ ONLINE APPLICATION UPLOADER ⇦
At this point, any outstanding underwriting conditions must be met before you can close on your home. Your documents may need to be updated at this time. Your loan closing takes place at a title company. You will sign all your legal ownership documents and bring in your funds for down payment and closing costs. Once all the paperwork is completed, you will receive the keys to your home and you can move in.
section 184 loan guarantee program
NPH is a certified HUD Section 184 Lender and is knowledgeable about the unique circumstances associated with lending on Native Lands. The Section 184 Loan Program was designed to provide access to mortgage financing to Native American and Alaskan Native tribal members. Section 184 home loans are guaranteed 100% by the Office of Loan Guarantee within HUD’s Office of Native American Programs. This guarantee encourages national and local banks to provide mortgage loans to Native Americans.
Section 184 loans can only be used for single family homes (1-4 units) and for a primary residence. Since 184 strives to increase homeownership to all native communities, the guarantee funds are reserved for primary residences rather than second or investment properties.
There are many advantages to using a Section 184:
- Low Down Payment: 2.25% on loans over $50,000 and only 1.25% on loans under $50,000
- Low Interest Rates: based on market rates, not on applicant’s credit scores
- Manual Underwriting: The program utilizes a hands-on approach to underwriting and approval opposed to automated decision-making tools.
- Growing National Network of Approved Lenders: Network of approved lenders includes national companies and local banks to suit your needs. Lenders have also been trained on the unique circumstances of Native homeownership.
- Section 184 Upfront Loan Guarantee Fee and Annual Mortgage Insurance: A one-time 1.5% up front guarantee fee is paid at closing and can be financed into the loan. In addition, loans with a loan to value of 78% or greater will be subject to an annual .15% mortgage insurance premium.
- Protection from predatory lending: Our program monitors the fees our approved lenders can charge Native borrowers. Section 184 loans cannot be used for adjustable rate mortgages (ARMs).
- Purchase an existing home
- Construct a new home (site-built or manufactured homes on permanent foundations)
- Rehabilitate a home, including weatherization
- Purchase and rehabilitate a home
- Refinance a home (rate and term, streamline, cash out)
Based on funding availability, NPH may fund and service your purchase mortgage. Loan guidelines and requirements are similar to the Section 184 Loan Program. We offer competitive interest rates and fees.
Is your home over due for a make-over? Or maybe it needs some maintenance TLC. Allow us to show you how using the equity in your home can help you upgrade.
In a high interest loan? We can help you decide if doing a rate and term refinance is right for you.
This program is designed for home repairs such as weatherization, added energy efficiency such as windows, and upgraded insulation, heating and cooling, roof repairs and more. Funds are limited to low-income households.
Is your home purchase price higher than Section 184 or other program loan limits? If you meet the requirements for eligibility, NPH may be able to assist you with a 2ndmortgage. This loan product must be repaid, but it can help fill the gap so you can move forward to buy a home.
If you meet eligibility requirements, NPH may be able to provide down payment assistance. Some restrictions apply.
All loans must meet NPH criteria.