NPH offers Home Buyer Education Classes once a month at our NPH office.
Classes are on hold until further notice
NPH believes successful, long-term homeownership begins with financial and homeownership education. As a charter member of Neighborhood Works and Certified HUD Approved Counseling Organization, NPH is uniquely qualified to provide counseling and coaching to assist homeowners. We help first time buyers assess their financial situations, evaluate their options, and understand the steps involved in buying a home.
Find a counselor in New Mexico • Find a counselor in Arizona
Our membership in NeighborhoodWorks adds value to NPH. NeighborhoodWorks is a national nonprofit created by Congress in 1978 which provides financial support, technical assistance and training for community-based housing organizations. Our certification as a HUD Approved Counseling Organization allows us to train and certify professional homebuyer educators, and offer our clients individual counseling that is designed to help them reach their homebuying goals.
NPH homebuyer education classes and our one-on-one counseling program help our clients:
- become informed home buyers
- master the steps in the home buying process
- select the best possible mortgage loan
- understand purchase contracts
- save money on payments and closing costs
- protect home value and build equity
NPH classes prepare you for home ownership.
Our education staff will show you step-by-step how to achieve the dream of home ownership. Our home ownership class provides comprehensive information on all aspects of home ownership, from planning to post purchase.
Classes are held once a month from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm at NPH office, 1664 South 2nd Street, Gallup.
The fee is $99.00 payable in check or a money order. Walk-ins are welcome but you are encouraged to call 505-722-0551 to register for the class.
On-line classes are also available through eHome America.
3 Steps TO START the Loan Process
Complete and provide the information required for your credit report.
- Inquiry Form
- Check or money order to cover the fee for pulling the credit report. The fee is $9.35 for individuals and $17.75 for married couples. Note: we cannot accept free credit reports from Internet sites because these cannot be forwarded to lending institutions
- Most recent 3 month’s pay stubs for all borrowers
- Past 2 years W-2 forms
- Most recent 3 month’s bank statements for all bank accounts and borrowers
- Home Site Lease (200RL & 200 NL) if you are purchasing a home on an Indian reservation. Include copies of Cultural Compliance form and Archeological Survey and/or copy of deed.
- NPH Authorization Form (see link below).
➤ LOAN APPLICATION INTAKE FORM – for those with credit established already
➤ CREDIT BUILDER LOAN APPLICATION – for those looking to build their credit
⇨ ONLINE APPLICATION UPLOADER ⇦
Once NPH reviews your credit report, and you meet NPH requirements, our staff will contact you, ask you for additional information, and schedule an appointment with you.
NPH loan personnel will contact you after we have processed your information and pulled your credit report. We will schedule a phone or in-person meeting to review your application.
If you are a first-time homeowner, or not quite mortgage ready due to your credit or debt issued, we will refer you to our Homebuyer Counseling Department. An NPH counselor will review and prepare an individualized Action Plan for you to help you get you mortgage ready.
Disclaimer: Native Partnership for Housing, Inc. is not a credit monitoring service. Results may vary and are not guaranteed. Restrictions may apply.
Credit Score Factors:
Our education staff will discuss your financial profile information with you and go over your credit report. When you are determined to be mortgage ready, we will refer you to our loan department.